Using vitamins and minerals to promote weight loss helps you lose weight naturally and allows you to maintain a healthy weight and a healthy body for the long term.
Its a sad but true fact that the number of overweight and obese people in our society has almost doubled in the past fifteen years with a staggering 50% (and climbing) of the U.S. adult population (as an example) being classified as obese. The figure for children is even worse at 50% and growing much faster – and many other countries are not far off these figures.
People who are overweight, including our children, are at increased risk in all the major categories of diseases particularly coronary heart disease, adult type two diabetes, arthritis and cancer. With much confusion surrounding diets and lose weight fast programs its not surprising that many are confused and are turning to simple and effective natural nutrition along with a good source of vitamins and minerals to promote weight loss.
Diets Don’t Work – use vitamins and minerals to promote weight loss
It is estimated that the failure rate of people on all types of diets is over 90% – this is quite simply because they are restrictive particularly of fats – and they leave you feeling hungry.
Another important factor is that if you restrict calories, you are also restricting your nutrition, depleting your immune system and making you more prone to suffer disease:- another reason to include vitamins and minerals to promote weight loss.
A great deal of publicity surrounds a number of diets more recently the Atkins Diet. This diet advocates an intake of increased protein, increased fat and very little carbohydrate. However, while this is pretty close to the mark, you also need a supply of fresh fruit and vegetables as a source of fibre, nutrition and plant chemicals called phytonutrients which are largely undiscovered and play a role in the prevention of cancer and many diseases Lycopene is an example (see our section on cancer for how lycopene and other nutrients work).
The Pritikin diet was another popular diet that advised to do the opposite from the Atkins diet no fat, use margarine, eat very little protein and consume lots of carbohydrates from vegetables. It advocated a mind and body approach and people did lose weight they also suffered a high rate of cancer from the intake of damaging fats. This is why it’s highly advisable to take in plenty of vitamins and minerals to promote weight loss.
The two diets are at either end of the scale, with Atkins closer to what is now commonly considered to be the best approach to a healthy weight.
To read more about obesity and how to overcome feelings of guilt and restore the balance to your life, then you should take a look at:
‘Your Fat is Not Your Fault’ by Carol Simmontacchi
– it’s not your fault and you can do something to change it.
If you’re after a balanced approach to losing weight, we would also recommend:
‘Weight Success for a Lifetime’
also by Carol Simontacchi and available soon – the researchers use a common sense lifestyle approach to losing weight and more importantly, it’s something you can do every day of your life.
So What Does Work?
A long-term, sustainable, healthy eating and
nutritional supplement program – including vitamins and minerals to promote weight loss –
and lifestyle change.
- Eat the right, healthy foods
- Avoid the bad foods
- The right eating plan large breakfast, medium lunch, small dinner
- Supplement with vitamins and minerals to promote weight loss
- Dont use scales, measure yourself around the waist, arms and thighs
The key here is to use a balanced approach that has you eating good food, leaves you feeling well nourished and ensures that you are also getting adequate amounts of vitamins and minerals to promote weight loss and sustain your health for the long term.
Above all, the weight loss program has to be something that is easy and enjoyable for you to do, every day, for the long term. Weight loss should happen slowly and steadily, you shouldnt lose more than 2lbs a week ideally.
If you give your body the optimum amount of nutrients through good food and
your body will find its own optimum weight.
1. Eat foods high in vitamins and minerals to promote weight loss
- Green leafy vegetables as much as you like at every meal.
- Fresh fruit at least two serves per day. (Dark berries are rich in phytonutriuents)
- Protein a higher level of protein keeps insulin levels low and prevents sugar being stored as fat. It also contains essential amino acids needed for good health. Make sure you dont overcook your meat. The best sources of protein are meat, fish and soy.
- Moderate amounts of complex carbohydrates about three to four serves per day these include grains, nuts and many types of vegetables and are a source of good nutrition and fiber. In regard to vegetables generally, a good rule is to pick vegetables with bright colors
- Fresh, filtered water instead of soft drinks
2. Things to avoid
- Caffeine not very good for healthy weight loss as it increases your rate of loss of essential minerals and will cause a drop in blood sugar and an attack of the munchies.
- Refined carbohydrates and sugar this will be turned very quickly into fat. Examples are white bread, white rice (in fact most processed white food), biscuits, cakes etc
- Soft drinks and fizzy or carbonated drinks – high in sugar and phosphorus and raise your risk of a number of diseases such as osteoporosis and diabetes and reduce your absorption of minerals
- Fried food and margarine bad fats which damage your cells and increase your risk of disease
For more information on a healthy diet and ‘dietary landmines’,
When you use vitamins and minerals to promote weight loss, you not lose weight, but significantly and permanently improve your health. To find out more,
3. Your Eating PlanMake Breakfast and Lunch your biggest meals
Most people do the opposite; however, as the saying goes, you should have breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper. Its logical really, we should take in most of our energy at the start of the day so breakfast should be our most important meal. You can still have a family dinner in the evenings but it can be just a light, nutritious meal, such as a chicken salad or nutritious soup, for example.
Add small protein meals during the day such as turkey breast, chicken, cheese, cottage cheese and celery, protein shakes
– preferably Whey Protein containing a good mix of vitamins and minerals –
with a small amount of fruit when you feel hungry. This approach ensures that you are getting adequate amounts of vitamins and minerals to promote weight loss as part of your plan. Ideally add low fat milk or water – or both 50/50.
To help you set your own dietary programme we have some guidelines to help get you started,
For ideas on the ‘in-between’ snacks and protein shakes to fill a hole and ward-off binges,
and to find the healthy eight loss protein powder we recommend,
4. Supplement with vitamins and minerals to promote weight loss
Supplementation with essential nutrients such as essential fatty acids, vitamins and minerals to promote weight loss is central to your weight loss plan. Without adequate nutrition people develop signs of nutritional deficiencies and turn to binge eating or the munchies to try and replace the essential nutrients they are lacking.
Examples of the munchies and cravings along with their nutritional deficiency are:
- Alcohol can be an indicator of an amino acid deficiency and a blood sugar problem. Supplementing with B group vitamins and amino acids is suggested
- Chocolate in many cases can be a sign of a magnesium deficiency
- Sugar indicates a chromium, vanadium and magnesium deficiency
- Salty food normally a potassium deficiency (oranges are a good source of potassium)
When you supplement with a good source of nutrition,
(such as a good and highly absorbable liquid mineral supplement along with other multivitamins, amino acids and essential fatty acids)
it makes it easier to lose weight because the body is no longer looking for the bad stuff to satisfy its cravings allowing you to lose weight in a natural way. This is also why more people are turning to vitamins and minerals to promote weight loss.
Vitamins and minerals to promote weight loss are best obtained from supplements – which are the most bioavailable form of nutrition. To get the most out of them it is advisable to take them three times per day with meals.
For more information on vitamins and minerals to promote weight loss and why they make the best weight loss supplements,
Any type of exercise is good exercise the main thing is to make it enjoyable, safe, regular and stay with it for the long term! You can walk, run, swim, cycle, dance, salsa, play golf, badminton, bowls . . . anything goes! Get together with friends or form a walking group or network of people you can exercise with so that you can encourage each other and of course, have fun!
is an excellent form of total body training that you can do at home.
If youre not used to exercising, or have been injured or ill then always start slowly and gently – within your limitations – and gradually build up the distance or amount of time you exercise for. A good rule is little and often rather than a huge exertion infrequently.
Exercise together with a good eating plan and supplementation with vitamins and minerals to promote weight loss, will help you reach your goal of a healthy body too.
6. Dont Use Weight Scales!
Instead use a measuring tape and once a week measure around the neck, upper arms, chest/bust, waist, hips, thighs and calves. This is a far better way to document your progress. When you start on your health program fat can be converted into muscle which weighs more so let the measuring tape tell the story and not the scales!
Problems that can inhibit weight loss
Thyroid Problems an underactive Thyroid gland (hypothyroid) will cause you to put on weight around the waist (carbohydrates will do this too). You can check this by measuring your temperature first thing in the morning. Place a thermometer under your arm and measure your temperature. Normal is 97.8 98.2 and anything less indicates your thyroid isnt working properly.
Measure this over a period of a month to ascertain an average temperature. Consult your health care provider. Nutrients which can help are iodine and selenium and the amino acid Tyrosine.. Supplementing with all of the essential nutrients, vitamins and minerals to promote weight loss will be a great help.
Women on Hormone Replacement Therapy estrogen can make you gain weight look for a natural alternative.(see our section on HRT natural alternatives in womens health)
Food Allergies when you clean up your diet and have good nutrition, you also eliminate many sources of food allergies especially bread. Food allergies can result in weight gain a good reason to clean up your diet. You may want to have a food allergy test consult a health care provider.
Drink Lots of Water – Here’s How It Works . . .
In addition to vitamins and minerals to promote weight loss – remember to always drink plenty of water – perhaps one of the easiest, simplest and most healthy way to actually lose weight.
When you drink a lot of water – at least 10 glasses per day and double that if you live in a hot/humid climate your body begins to function more efficiently. The kidneys work better and when the kidneys are working optimally, then the liver alsofunctions more efficiently – and one of the BIG jobs of the liver is to make glucose from stored fat.
That’s right – drinking more water can help you lose that fat around the midsection – so what are you waiting for?
Some of the other amazing health benefits of water are:
- Supresses aptetite naturally
- Helps maintain muscle tone
- Helps rid the body of waste and gives you better bowel function
- Boosts your metabolism and helps to burn fat and lessen cravings
- Reduces fatigue
- Improves short term memory
- Reduces your risk of colon, breast and bladder cancer
The Ultimate Weight Loss Guide
– part of a comprehensive series of Free health reports, covering Healthy Weight Loss, Healthy Eating & Nutrition, How to Take Supplements, Healthy Exercise and many more.
“Your Fat is Not Your Fault”
“Weight Success for a Lifetime”
“Yoga in Focus- postures, sequences, meditations”
“SuperFoods – 14 foods that will change your life”
“Optimum Nutrition Bible”
– a quick and easy reference guide to have you building great abdominals in just 5 minutes four times a week.
Summary:- vitamins and minerals to promote weight loss
- Diets dont work and you should adopt an approach that is long term and uses a good source of essential nutrients such as vitamins and minerals to promote weight loss and keep you healthy.
- Eat your main meal in the morning, a medium lunch and light supper with small snacks during the day if needed
- Eat plenty of protein, green leafy vegetables and complex carbohydrates such as vegetables and whole grains
- Avoid sugar, caffeine, fried foods, soft drinks and margarine
- Supplement with a good source of nutrients – essential fatty acids, amino acids, vitamins and minerals to promote weight loss.
- Exercise and use a measuring tape to measure your progress
- Make long term changes that you can stay with and develop a healthy attitude to eating
While many folks try to get trendy with the looks for their newborns, some are starting to recognize that the trendy looks may be distressing on the little ones. As pretty as it can be to dress up their children in headbands, belts and flowered gear, it’s often not practical, and it often causes the dressing process take much longer than it should. This tends to annoy the baby and leave it difficult for them to navigate around as they want to. Belts feel restrictive, regardless if they are adorable on an extra-large top for your little one, they might not end up being the greatest choice.
Going with baby clothes over a fancy outfit might feel like a concession and as if the father or mother is just giving up, but this may be so much more pleasant on your baby. The baby can move around easily, and putting clothes on them will only require a couple of minutes. Likewise, the adults will not have to think over what to dress the newborn in and how to match everything up for the best ensemble.
That will take all the strain and frustration out of dressing the child. He or she can still sport stylish outfits, because there are oodles good baby clothes available to buy. Clothing giants like Gerber offer plenty of newborn clothes for any parents who want their child to be comfy and still looking smart. One doesn’t automatically have to be forfeited to get the other, nonetheless it is more important that the child be comfortable and content than stylish.
More and more parents are starting to comprehend this concept, even though try regularly to keep their newborn stylish. And yet that baby’s comfort is a whole lot more fundamental than their viability for taking Instagram-worthy pictures. Moms and dads are starting to take a step back at times from their blogging, picture posting and dressing up to realize that their child is more important than all that, and it can be easy to forget that once they are overtaken the social media element of style.